Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Writing's on the Wall


My life has gone as planned. So to speak.

Every goal I have set out in life, I have achieved it. At the same time, many extenuating circumstances have as well. I could have let them be setbacks. But my life is as planned. Good or bad things will happen in life and your power is in your reaction.
I chose to be better than my circumstances allowed. I could have let fate run its course, but destiny intervened.

Fate requires no participation on your part. But destiny does.
All the things I have done in life has come relatively easy. Because it is my destiny to fulfill those goals. Even things I thought I wanted to do and it didn't transpire, it was because it wasn't meant for me.
I always believed that your destiny will continue to present itself until you fulfill it. There are hidden signs in your daily life that remind you to fulfill your life's purpose. People always seem to be in search of what their goal in life is or should be, when it is all around you if you pay attention to the details.
I think coincidences are not haphazard incidents. Instead, they are signs to shape your life's path. You are drawn to certain things and certain people for a reason. They are there to help you become a better you.
Also, the negative aspects of your life are not an accident. They are to shape you and are part of your destiny. Think about all the people in the world who go out and start nonprofit foundations or become dedicated to a cause. Why do they do it? Because it affected them in some personal way. Therefore, their personal pain became their community, their nation or the world's benefit...in that process it has a domino effect by inspiring others.
You have to be willing to utilize your natural gifts, your personal experiences and the silent reminders around you to fulfill your destiny and act upon them. To actively create your own destiny, it is not going to fall out the sky in to the lap of your life per se. You have to do and not think about doing.





No comments: