Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hamster On A Wheel

Feeling motivated after eating a hearty school lunch of rice and veggies smothered in kochujang (red pepper paste for you English speakers). I was wondering how can I make some more moolah, duckets, cash, scrilla, dolla dolla bills ya'll. My brain was churning...wheels in motion

I have a work visa in a country that will not let foreigners have an arbeit (part time gig in German for you Eng..learn another language people!). Korea really needs to consider changing that because with the won doing so poorly, I doubt anybody will want to come over and teach English to kiddos for the same amount of money you can make at J.Crew. I say let us certified teachers have the option to work at a hagwon and make some extra dough. Not all of us will want to, but some would and then it would be less costly for all parties involved. I would think.

Now that the economy is tanking back home, I feel ever more inspired to rid myself of this debt and get back to basics by getting back to black. I make good money. Nothing is wrong with mo' money though.

What can I do? Umm...no...that is out of the question! Hmmm...I don't have anything to sell...plus Koreans don't buy used anything....I could...no...I know!!!!!!!

I started looking up some freelancing gigs online and figure that I can start looking into that. Even if it is a couple of bucks here and there, I am excited about the possibility of getting paid to write something as simple as entertainment articles or complex like researching new phone models.

I will let you know what I find out about that.

Freelance-working for yourself. Ha. What a concept.

No comments: