Monday, January 19, 2009

Economic Strategy 101: Gift Sets

Gift set for 19,500 at Emart

I love Korea for understanding the value of a gift set. Every Christmas, I try and buy the sets of lotions, perfume, etc. Because it is always the better value.
There are gift sets from everything to toothbrushes to fish. Beef to laundry detergent. I love a deal packaged in neat boxes.
Since Lunar New Year is approaching, more sets are out at the local department stores and markets.
I bought a small Nivea set last night for 7500 won, the cost of one of these items in the states usually hovers around that price alone. Definitely a steal for two lotions, a creme and chapstick.
I plan on getting more this week to stock up and that way I won't need to buy and lug anymore lotion from the states and will restock again during Chuseok, when more sets become available. Plus, running out of stuff is never ideal because you will always end up paying more in the long run. For instance, a friend of mine ran out of lotion and had to pay 9,000 for one small bottle. Not cost-effective.
Save some won in 09 and buy yourself a gift set! :)
*** Update***
I went back and got the set above and another 7500 set, the girl gave me a free hand cream too. My friend bought the largest size for 28,900 won.
What a deal! I feel oh so soft and won't have to worry about buying anything else until next winter for sure!


No comments: