Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cause I'm a G!


G-g-g-g-g Market.

No, this is not an ode to 50cent, but an open love letter to Gmarket.


Gmarket is a Korean website, similar to Ebay, where you can purchase items from various sellers and even bid. Although the stuff is pretty damn cheap as is.

Since moving to Korea, I have bought a sectional pleather sofa for about 300 bucks, Dolce&Gabbana perfume the large bottle for 60. Juicy Couture sweatsuit for 45. Marc Jacobs dress for 60. Theory trench coat for 50. Yeah, some of the stuff on there is knockoffs, but Korea believes in taking a lot of pictures to show the quality of an item so just take a look at it. Have I bought some crap. Yep. I bought a coat where the button was sewn on crooked. But hey, that one or two bad outweighs the oh so good Gmarket.

Delivery is free or cheap 2,500 won.

Did I mention they were fast? Usually my item will arrive that week!

Yes, there is an English page, where you can search for anything you want or need.

Want to send something to the USA? They ship internationally! Except the furniture of course!

You can pay with a foreign credit card, PayPal or if you have a Korean credit card go right ahead and shop! They will ask you to fax a copy of your foreign card and black out some of the numbers just to verify you have the card and it is you ordering. After that, you are free to shop away. At first I just let my card shopping expire for the 7 days before I faxed over anything. Once I realized the site was legit and pretty punctual, I have a few shopping payment options on there now.

I love gmarket cause I don't have to lug heavy things around like cat litter or water home on a subway or try to hail a taxi.

They offer fab knockoffs too for you fashionistas.


My bus stop in Gangnam where my Korean class is held is right in front of the Gmarket office building. It was a sign from the retail discounter gods.


G for life!

No comments: