Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Have and Have Nots

Life short. Just ask the author of "100 Things to Do Before You Die" who ironically died this past summer at 47 from a slip and fall.
See, you are never promised tomorrow. Watch the movie Bucket List.
I was thinking about how people make bucket lists and their goals, aspirations. etc. At the same time there is a saying about appreciate what you have. I know with the beginning of the new year people, including myself, think of a million and one things to do better, more or try for their future. Looking at other people's 43 things list(www.43things.com) or bucket lists, I realized I have done a lot of things that I don't give myself credit for. So, I decided to jot down the things I have done:

1. Learned how to sail a boat.
2. Learned how to windsurf.
3. Driven across country twice.
4. Traveled to South Africa.
5. Lived in Germany.
6. Traveled to Paris, Florence, Prague and many other European countries.
7. Participated in a large national beauty pageant. (Miss USA)
8. Been a published writer.
9. Been an extra in a movie.
10. Learned how to salsa dance.
11. Graduated from college, grad school.
12. Own a home.
13. Volunteer.
14. Heard Barack Obama speak in person.
15. Met Congressman John Lewis.
16. Met Randall Robinson.
17. Was a personal assistant for a Oscar nominated Actor. (before he was nominated)
18. Skinny dipped.
19. Planted a tree.
20. Snorkeled.
21. Ate conch...love it.
22. Been a bridesmaid twice.
23. Paid off my undergraduate loans.
24. Been camping.
25. Been skiing.
26. Witnessed a solar eclipse
27. Witnessed a lunar eclipse.
28.Fell deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally.
29.Drank beer at Oktoberfest in Munich.
30. Witnessed ChristKindlesMarkt in Nuremberg.
31. Been a mentor.
32. Been passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it.
33.Made a fool of myself.
34. Have a tattoo (I have two and want more)
35. Gambled in Vegas
36. Celebrated NYE in NYC in Times Square. (2001)
37. Had a Grey's Papaya hot dog.
38. Ate Philly cheesesteaks at Gino's and Pat's.
39. Ice skated at Rockefeller
40. Been to a concert.
41. Living abroad...in Korea now
42. Been in a protest
43. Seen Mt. Fuji
44. Been to Tokyo
45. Adopted a pet (two cats)
46. Rode the shinkansen. Bullet Train.
I have more to follow, I have to really brainstorm. But hey, that is pretty impressive when I reread it.
You should think about your haves and not your have nots! It may inspire you!

No comments: