Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Energy

When people are not happy with their lives, they tend to spew out things to others. Disguised sometimes as concern, it really is just plain dissatisfaction of self.

So with the ending of the conversation the transference of negative vibes is left on you. Making them feel a little satisfied in telling you what you aren't doing right in your life. Which really translates to "I failed at it, so will you or you are doing everything I wanted to do, but couldn't." This little emotional game is so....2008.

I used to let these ping-pong matches affect me. Wading through my own emotions and casting self-doubt upon myself after talking to certain people. Letting my sunny disposition be clouded by negative nonsense.

It is 2009 now. I learned that I am very happy with my life, although not perfect. It is a work in progress and I am determined to not anyone tell me otherwise.

Some people I will not be able to "let go" so to those who have to remain a constant in my life, I am chosing to just limit what I share about my life with them and just agree with whatever they have to say to pacify them. I will then hang up the phone or discard the email and read something funny or an inspirational quote...brush my shoulders off and keep on living.

Life is too short to be miserable. Even in death, I do not want to be miserable.

Live your life to your standard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lou,

My name is John Lee. I am one of the editors of a magazine based in New York. I am looking for a bilingual writer for an assignment in Seoul. I found your blog and I like your writing.

Email me at john (at) thememagazine (.) com if this is something you think you'd be interested in. Please email me any writing clips and/or published work if relevant.

Happy New Year.
Best,
- John

Kelsey said...

Girl yes. I feel you on this post. I know exactly where you are coming from with negative energy, nothing positive is produced. Don't let it pull you down!
And did I mention, I'm glad you are back in the blogosphere!
Love ya!