Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What am I eating anyways?




My neighborhood has soooo many restaurants and it is reasonable to eat out for Korean food. I usually eat out, but today I was not in the mood to gesture and guess. Certain foods I recognize in the Korean language, others not so much. I hope to improve.




I went to the Lotte dept. store today, yes this Bloomingdale's type store has a grocery store in the basement. Cool huh?




Everything is so neat and organized. Lots of fresh and organic produce and fresh meats. I decided to make one of my favorite Korean soups. Dwen jang chigae.




I put in some soybean paste, called dwen jang. It is tangier than miso, like the soup you get from the sushi joint.




I used some clams as the meat and broth.




I used a half of a potato.




Some green onion.




Kochujang. A red pepper paste.




Sesame oil.



Splash of soy sauce.



Tofu.



Ta da!






No comments: