Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!

Usually, kiddies are ultra quiet, super behaved and not that inquisitive on the first day. The kids I met today were not exactly that! They were a talkative bunch, justified since they haven't seen each other throughout the summer. Some of the boys are a bit rambunctious so I will have to lay down that hand tomorrow. Oh, in a discussion about the increased lunch price...we got to talking about gas prices, recession/depression and stock prices. Wow. These kids aren't afraid to ask questions. Which is awesome!

I would say that school procedures need to be tightened up, it was a whole lot of chaos and confusion surrounding lunch and dismissal. Then again, if we had clearer instructions before hand, it probably would have been avoided.

I guess I expect more discipline in terms of children, it is okay cause I will instill that in my class for sure in the weeks ahead.

People who don't teach don't understand the amount of energy teaching can suck out of you. I am beat. I just woke up from sleeping and will be headed back to bed soon.

Oh on a side note, one of the teachers came up to me and said,"Don't they all look alike?" referring to the fact that our kids are mostly Korean. Wow. I didn't respond the first time, the second time it was said, I said no.

It amazes me how culturally insensitive people can be put in positions or seek positions for themselves that are of a culturally sensitive nature.

No comments: