Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last week.

Yeah, it was hell-acious trying to get on the blog since I had infrequent internet access. Now I am up and running so I will catch you up:




July 26th:


Lola did great on the plane. Had a row to myself until some old white dude wanted to sit in the aisle seat since he was stuck in the middle behind me. I told him that a cat will be seating in the middle so deal with it. He was cool.


So, one of my bags was missing and it took sometime to get help with that, language barrier and all.


Staff met me and they were nice, it was hot as hell and I just wanted to get to my new apt.


Unfortunately the bag missing contained kitty litter, food etc. I had to brave EMart immediately.


The taxi driver figured out what I meant to get home and gave me a round of applause when we pulled up front. lol.


I met MK in my neighborhood for dinner and we headed to Seoul so I could spend the night there because. Mr. Lint would be arriving the next afternoon.


After calling Delta, my bag was somehow left in Atlanta and would be arriving on Korean Air by 5. I called to verify five times, just cause I wanted to make sure the call center in India, Jamaica and midwestern US of A, had the same information. Don't you love outsourcing?


Long story short, got my bag and cat that Monday the 28th and all was well in the world.


28th- I pretty much stayed in the house and got acclimated to me being in Korea.


29th- Went to school met my coworkers. Random folks of strangely, different walks of life but similar.


School is nice and everyone is super friendly and laid back, different atmosphere than teaching in Atlanta for sure.


Went to eat and drink with colleagues.


30th-Now


Randoms


Shopping at Emart is exhausting.


Lotte Dept store is right outside my house. Half off food after about 6. Very nice grocery store in the basement too. Will post pics of neighborhood soon.


Drank Soju. It is a sneaky devil. Be warned.


Saw my first drag show in Itaewon. Itaewon is Korea's underbelly for foreigners near the Army base.


Laughed too much for my own good at work.


Walked more for the first time in life since I had no driver's license.


Discovered Dongdaemun...shopping, shopping, shopping paradise. You can shop until like 5am, although I didn't this time. :)


Bought three pairs of shoes for 50 bucks!


Received several foreigner discounts from meat to clothes!


Korean people have been so helpful and nice. Don't believe the hype!


More will be posted regularly I promise now that I have internet.

No comments: