Saturday, July 19, 2008

7 days!

It was a busy week.

Monday, my mom came into town to say goodbye. We both had to visit the Korean consulate, she needed to get her Korean passport that she lost years back and I had my visa issuance number finally that needed to get stamped in my passport. We first had lunch at Han Il Kwan, our favorite Korean restaurant. It was great to see my mom and she informed me that she will be moving back to Savannah, Georgia. I was happy that she would not be far away from me when I came back home to visit.

While waiting for the consulate to reopen after lunch, she finally called her sister and niece that she had not spoken with since I was in 2nd grade. I was glad that they reconnected.

We said goodbye in the International Tower parking deck and I held back tears by reassuring myself that I will be back during Christmas.

I have to return to the consulate to pick up my passport Monday.

No comments: