Wednesday, July 9, 2008

18 days, well let's say 17...today doesn't count

Taking a break from packing up my kitchen.

Yesterday, I got a visit from my dad from Seattle. He is not my biological father, but he has been a father figure in my life since I was in 9th grade. He was passing through since he visits family in Alabama yearly. I talked to his wife on his cell and she gave me her brother's number to contact when I arrive in Korea. I have met him and his daughter several times over the course of the years for significant familial events and what not. He is a nice man, but I don't speak Korean so we rely on hand gestures and translations from his sister. His daughter speaks English though, so maybe she can show me around. I always feel weird about calling people out the blue, especially when we don't socialize on a regular basis or have some sort of bond. At this point though, I will need all the familiarity in an unfamiliar place.

Other than that short visit yesterday I didn't do too much.

I emailed about my visa issuance number and they said there is a delay for a few days. I am oh so glad I don't have to travel to the consulate! How inconvenient that would be if the consulate was not in my city.

Today my entertainment delight will be gone. I will be saying goodbye to my 50 inch Samsung plasma that I purchased at an awesome deal this past Christmas season. I have sold it to my dear friend G. I am glad that I didn't have to store this thing! I hope she enjoys it tonight as much as I did for these short months.

Well, off to eat some shin ramyeun and back to packing!

1 comment:

matt said...

how come whenever i discover your blogs, you stop updating them?

i'm sure you bizzy. lemme know if you need help and can't wait to see ya! xo