Sunday, July 6, 2008

20 days or so...

So, I am sitting on my bed with a certain Siamese kitty sprawled out twitching in her sleep. She doesn't seem to mind the massive mountain range of clothes surrounding her. Matter of fact, I believe she prefers it as comfort due to the torrential rainstorm happening outside. My electricity went out and returned. DirecTV is not as responsive.

It is the perfect day to pack.

I have started to work through my closet and sort out the things I want to keep, the things I want to take and the ish that's gotta go. Not such an easy task. I have started having private debates with myself about shoes that are cute but I haven't worn in forever and don't want to give away. Same arguments about my clothes. How many hoodies do I really need? Really.
So, I am taking a break to blog about some exciting news.

Myspace is the 21st Century Sherlock Holmes. My cousin, who I have not seen or spoken to since I was maybe in 2nd grade found me on the social network yesterday. I talked to my 2nd cousin who is stationed with the Marines in California, my cousin and my aunt who live in Arizona. Who knows why my mother did not keep in touch with her only sister, but that is a responsibility I am leaving to her. I told them I would give their number to her to call, because my mother is quite peculiar in family matters.

Perfect Timing. I wish I could see them before I moved to Korea. I told them to let my uncles, who I found out live in Suwon, Korea, that I will be moving there and would love to meet them.

This is part of the reason why I am moving to Korea. I want to know my history. My people. Me.

Them finding me, prompted me to look on Myspace for my brother, who I think I found as well, but his profile is private and he has not checked his page since March. I emailed him on Myspace and Facebook in hopes to meet him before I go. Coincidentally, he lives right here in Atlanta. Life is the ultimate prankster.

I also found my other cousin on Myspace, who I hope contacts me. Living with his family was a period in my childhood that was most memorable and normal.

Oh, and although it was supposed to be a surprise, I am having a going away party the weekend of the 17-20. And my Best in the West, (friend from Cali) is coming! These are the times I feel so loved. I may not have many friends, but the ones I have are the best that love can find. Especially since my bestest friend is planning this shinding and is the best party planner. I can't wait for her supposedly secret...but I now know...business is a huge success! She will do great!

So, I am going to get of my tush and begin packing again. The last thing I want is to spend my last moments rushing to pack.

No comments: